This advice is not a substitute for any instructions your doctor has previously given you in the office. This is routine pregnancy advice, in normal low risk pregnancies.
Abstinence from all medications is preferred during pregnancy, except prenatal vitamins. However, the following medications may be taken:
- Colds- Sudafed, Tylenol Cold
- Cough- Robitussin DM
- Headache- Tylenol (regular or extra-strength)
- Diarrhea- Imodium
- Sleep- Benadryl 25mg at bedtime
- Constipation- Citrucel, Senokot, Metamucil, Colace, Milk of Magnesia
- Indigestion- Antacids, such as Mylanta, Gaviscon, Tums, or Maalox Pepcid after the 1st trimester
- Nausea- Vitamin B6 25mg every 6 to 8 hours as needed, and 12.5mg of Unisom Sleep Tabs(one-half tablet) orally once or twice daily as needed, Sea bands, candied ginger or peppermint tea.
- Sleep- Benadryl 25mg at bedtime.
- Allergies- Benadryl 25mg. Zyrtec or Claritin after the 1st trimester (13weeks)