Backaches are caused by poor posture, poor body mechanics, breast enlargement, or strain on muscles as the uterus enlarges.
To help you feel better:
- Try a Maternity Belt for lower abdominal support
- Work to correct your posture.
- Get regular exercise
- Wear low-heeled shoes with good support.
- Take frequent rest periods.
- Wear a supportive bra
- Massage Therapy (Prenatal Massage)
Lower Abdominal Cramping (Round Ligament Pain RLP)
Round Ligament Cramps are felt on either side of the abdomen, where the groin meets the leg. They are worse upon getting out of bed or chair and upon walking. These cramps are caused by increased pressure from growing uterus, pressure on nerves from uterusor fetal position, or pressure from softening and movement of pelvic bones.
To help reduce cramping:
- Exercise regularly.
- Apply heat to area, but not directly on the abdomen.
- Do stretching exercises.
- Change positions frequently.
- Soak in a bathtub if able to get out on own. Remember to avoid hot tubs.
Hemorrhoids are caused by constipation, pressure from the uterus, lack of exercise, or familial tendency.
You may find relief by:
- Avoiding constipation or straining.
- Kegels exercises.
- Cold compresses.
- Sitz baths
- Over the counter Preparation H